Thursday, February 25, 2016

I Joined RWA

After chatting with a several authors over the past few months I was told repeatedly to join RWA (Romance Writers of America). These published authors told me how much that group has helped them, from meeting other writers in the forums to joining local chapters to the online classes.

Well, a few weeks ago I decided to do it. After all, the annual fee is a business expense. I also joined the local chapter which happens to be very close to me. Yay!

Already I have made a few connections, taken a workshop and joined an online class! Sure there are lots of free resources online, but it's nice to have access to all of it in one place, meet other serious writers and learn from them. It's also nice to have them think of me as a colleague, rather than some random person on the internet.

I will let you know about my experiences as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment